This avocado and mullet bottarga salad recipe was given to me by my friend Emanuela, which had it from a friend of hers. I prepared it quite immediately. A gourmet recipe with only 4 ingredients and super quick to prepare has to be tested (and approved) immediately!
The great chefs are right when they say the quality of the ingredients is so important for the final result of a dish. This avocado and mullet bottarga salad has only 4 ingredients – and they have to be good because the result is immediate.
Quantities may vary. Depending on how many people will eat and how big is the bottarga you can add more tomatoes.
- mullet bottarga
- plum or cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the onion thinly and put it into a bowl with water.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in halves.
- Peel and cut the avocado in small pieces.
- Slice the bottarga with a mandolin.
- Drain the onion from the water and dry them with kitchen paper towels.
- Put them into a big bowl and add the other ingredients. Mix it all well and dress to taste with salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!