These baked french fries WILL conquer you. They are simple to prepare, are sooooo tasty and you just can’t stop eating them.
And the best is that…is needs less oil than the quantity you use to dress your salad! As I read it on this recipe, I decided to try them immediately.
The result? I prepared them for two days in a row! And when I took the plate to the table, we didn’t touch any other food until we had completely devoured all the potatoes.
The secret of these great baked french fries? I don’t know. I only know it comes always good – a friend of mine tried them after seeing me so enthusiastic and loved them too.
They may be classified as a side dish, I believe, but considering how they are inviting and how we ate them before the rest of the lunch, I’d consider it a great snack idea too.
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut them as for french fries.
- Steam them for about 10 to 12 minutes. They don’t have to be completely cooked (VERY IMPORTANT!).
- Put them aside if you have time to let them cool (otherwise no problem).
- Turn on the oven to 240°C/460°F.
- Put the potatoes into a big bowl and add the oil. Mix them carefully taking care each piece is covered with oil.
- Take an oven flat pan and cover it with parchment paper.
- Take them using tweezers to avoid transferring liquids to the pan.
- Distribute them on the pan and bake them for 20 minutes or until colored.
- Add salt and…
- Buon appetito!