This baked zucchini recipe is really very easy to prepare. I make it often because as it is simple, it is often the solution when I don’t know what to prepare for dinner.
It is also a comfort food. Probably because of the effect ham and cheese have on me. I was inspired by a post on Valeria Ciccotti blog, but I used only whole wheat flour and add ham to my taste.
When done, I cut it in squares with the pizza cutter and… there’s never leftovers.
I am writing today the English version of this post I wrote on April 2016. It was the day before my daughter’s bachelor degree. It is so good to think about that beautiful day and the great path she has already done since then, having now a job in a good company she loves and that makes her grow also in her profession.
Well, try this recipe and let me know what you think about it. I could quite bet you’ll love it 😉.
- 1 pound / 500 g zucchini
- 0.22 pounds / 100 g whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 0.22 pounds / 100 g mozzarella
- 0.22 pounds / 100 g sliced cheese of your choice (I used Gruyere)
- 0.11 pounds raw ham
- Turn on the oven 392°F / 200°C..
- Grate zucchini, put them in a bowl and add egg, salt, flour and grated cheese. Mix it all well.
- Line a flat baking sheet (I use the oven one) with parchment paper. Spread the mixture all over the pan, helping it with your hands to have it uniform. Do not use the whole pan if not needed. The mixture should be ½ inch high.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until surface is lightly golden.
- Take it from the oven – leaving the oven on – and add mozzarella, ham and the sliced cheese. Put into the oven again until cheeses have melt.
- Cut in squares and serve.
- Buon appetito!