Yes, this is THE chocolate chip cookie. The best. The one that really tempts you when you go in the kitchen to do something else and…capitulate to it.
I am gluttonous, but not that much. I am usually a person who loves food, but I do also control myself. Or should I say that I used to before I met this chocolate chip cookie?
I have eaten some chocolate chip cookies here and there, all very good, but it wasn’t the kind of treat that tempted me. When I decided to try this recipe, I was curious because the blogger who posted it was so enthusiast too (the blogger I am talking about is Stefania, from arabafeliceincucina blog – a great blog).
Well, this recipe is really easy and quick to prepare. So I did it quite right after reading it for the first time. And the result is really fantastic, I assure you. I changed only one thing from her recipe, using less chocolate chips (I didn’t have the right quantity so I used all I had home and loved the result).
- I prepared 12 big cookies (well, I call them big because they didn’t fit any cookie jar I have, even if I have seen bigger ones in some Starbuck’s and other coffee shops), and I am planning to prepare small ones to give as a food gift. Inside a cute jar with a red ribbon is a cute gift for someone you want to give a small thought for Christmas.
- 1 egg
- 160 g flour
- 113 g butter
- a generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 70 g sugar
- 70 g brown sugar
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Turn on the oven to 190°C/374°F.
- Beat the butter with white and brown sugar until it becomes lighter and foamy.
- Add the whole egg and continue to whisk.
- Add the flour and baking soda and whisk until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips using a spatula and mix them well.
- It results in a soft dough.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- With a small spoon create small piles one far from the other as they will melt and enlarge.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until they reach the golden color.
- Do not touch them until cooled down, when they reach the right consistency.
- Buon appetito!