This chocolate granola was on my “to do” list. I postponed more times for many reasons, one time I hadn’t chocolate at home, another time I had no almonds.
Then finally I prepared it and it was deep love. I like all granola recipes I published, but this one is something above all others. As I said in previous posts, I don’t like yogurt and then I ate this chocolate granola spoon after spoon. Any time, middle afternoon, after dinner, anytime is a good occasion for a spoon of delicious chocolate treat.
This chocolate granola is not good. It is much more. I was also very happy just seeing it, so perfect lightly covered with chocolate and with small chocolate chunks here and there.
You have to try it. You’ll fall in love as I did. I am pretty sure of it. I found this recipe on Col Cavolo, where I often find tasty recipes.
- 0.11 lb / 50 g peanut butter (I used the natural one with just peanuts)
- 0.11 lb / 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz / 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.60 lb / 275 g oat flakes
- 0.38 lb / 175 g almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.27 lb / 125 g dark chocolate
- Turn on the oven 338°F / 170°C.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Distribute granola on the pan and bake for 25 minutes, stirring a couple of times during baking.
- Meanwhile, chop the chocolate with a knife.
- When i is done, take it out of the oven and quickly mix half of the chocolate with it.
- Let it cool completely and mix the other half of chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container. It lasts for 15 days (I ate it far before).
- Buon appetito!