Since I saw these Christmas cookies I keep singing John Lennon’s song – and so this is Christmas, and what have you done? Another year over, and a new one just begun…
I love John Lennon (my dog is called Lennon and his mate Yoko ;-)) and love this Christmas cookies… they just make me feel good inside, like Christmas feelings.
These Christmas cookies are much easier to prepare than you may be thinking. They are just butter cookies (I used this tested cookie recipe that I like so much) with green food color in the dough. I used 5 different sizes of star shaped cookie cutters.
I found this lovely idea on Leanne’s blog (the same blog where I saw the strawberries and cream Santa Claus). I used star shaped cutters and another recipe of biscuits that I prefer, but it is just a matter of taste.
I used liquid food color and added it right in the beginning so it was easy to mix homogeneously inside the dough. I baked them for about 15 minutes taking care of not letting them color. Then just pile them on a couple of chocolate pieces and arrange the star points to form a pine shape. Sprinkle with icing sugar and it’s done!
Merry Christmas :-)!
- 1 cookie recipe
- 2 Tbsp of food color green
- 6 chocolate squares
- Put all ingredients into a bowl together with the green food color.
- Mix it using your hands until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Roll out the dough between two parchment paper sheets not too thin (0.5cm/0.2in) and cut 6 pieces of each shape (for three trees).
- Put them on an oven tray covered with parchment paper and bake for 15 min, or just before they begin to color.
- Let them cool on a rack and then place two chocolate squares, 2 of each size from biggest to smaller.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top.
- Merry Christmas!