This egg recipe is my favorite, for now. I say for now because I love to try new recipes and, who knows, when there will be a new one that will superate this one.
I had first seen this beautiful egg recipe in Martha Stewart’s magazine, a couple of years ago. I took the magazine to the kitchen to prepare it when I noticed it was only a photo, with no recipe. Now I understand that a recipe isn’t quite needed, but then I just left it to be done later as I wasn’t in the mood to invent the recipe.
Then I saw this egg recipe again a couple of days ago, on a Food52’s video.
And so I had no more excuses. It is extremely easy to prepare and so tasty. You can vary the vegetables and use what you have at home. I added chives, fresh spinach and onions.
Other than being really beautiful, it is a versatile recipe you can use in many occasions. The video below show the American use, as breakfast. I served it at lunch, at room temperature. It is perfect also for a buffet or for a dinner you prepare in advance.
I used a baking sheet of 10 x 14″ and 8 eggs. If you use a bigger baking pan, just add some more eggs.
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cream
- fresh spinach
- sliced onions
- 1 Tbsp butter to grease the baking sheet
- Turn on the oven to 350°F.
- Put the eggs into a capacious bowl.
- Add a Tbsp of cream.
- Beat the eggs until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some veggies to taste – I added spinach, chives and thinly sliced onion.
- Grease abundantly a baking sheet.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and add some cheese here and there.
- Bake until the eggs are done, when touching the middle of the mixture, it is solid.
- Let it rest some minutes and then transfer it to a cutting board and cut in squares.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Buon appetito!