This honey cake is divine. I am now writing and feeling like going again in the kitchen to take another slice. Consider that I am not a honey lover. I eat it but I don’t look for honey in general.
The taste of honey isn’t evident in this cake. It makes the trait-d’union between all tasty ingredients, I believe. What I can say for sure is that it is one of the best cakes I’ve eaten lately.
I’ve found this honey cake recipe in one of my favorite blogs: Smittenkitchen. This recipe is for three 3.3×7.8 in / 10×20 cm plumcake mold and I have changed only a few things.
- 440 g / 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp pain d’epices mix
- 1 cup / 235 ml oil
- 1 cup / 340 g honey
- 1 1/2 cup /300 g sugar
- 1/2 cup / 95 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup / 235 ml warm coffee
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml orange or mandarine juice
- Line the molds with parchment paper.
- Turn on the oven 350°F / 175°C.
- Put all ingredients into the bowl of your standing mixer and using the K hook mix it all until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pans and bake for about 50 minutes or until inserting a toothpick into the cake, it comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest for some minutes into the pan before taking it out of it to cool on a rack.
- Buon appetito!