This light apple pie is my daughter’s favorite one. She eats in a very balanced way and this pie is not far from her eating beliefs, because it has little dough but with many apples.
I have found it on the blog My Little Italian Kitchen, and I have already prepared it many times.
I admit I am not able to recognize the difference between the different qualities of apples regarding cooking and so I just use apples, with no specific indication of quality (
- 1 kg apples (about 8 already cleaned and cooked)
- 70 g/ 1/2 cup flour
- 20 ml/ 0.7 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 50 g/ 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 100 ml/ 3.4 fl oz milk
- Peel and clean the apples, cutting them in thin slices.
- Turn on the oven 200C/392F.
- Beat the eggs with sugar until creamy. Add sifted flour, cinnamon, oil
andmilk. Beat until smooth and homogeneous.
- Add the sliced apples and mix well.
- Grease a spring pan or cover it with parchment paper. Pour the mixture in and level it with a spoon.
- Bake for 30 min in pre heated oven. If it should become too coloured, cover it with foil.
- When it is cooked, leave it 10 minutes more in the oven, with its door opened.
- Let the pie cool completely before removing it from the mold.
- Sprinkle it with icing sugar, if desired..