I had already seen a meatloaf with eggs inside…but I had never prepared it, until today.
I did it without thinking too much, and I didn’t even noticed it is a light recipe, with little bread and quite no fat – but delicious! If a pop up didn’t open while I was reading the recipe, offering more low calories recipes, I wouldn’t even think it is a light recipe, so inviting it is.
It is very easy to do and the eggs inside enriches it a lot, in taste, nutrition and…beauty!
Today I had my son and my daughter to lunch. Now that they are adults, it is not so common anymore. And when they come, I like to prepare something special, for 2 main reasons: just to please them and, because having a food blog, it is something we expect, me and them ;-).
I saw this recipe on the great blog Munaty Cooking, and the only thing I changed is the garlic quantity. I love it but I do not digest it when cooked with meat. And so I reduced 3 garlic cloves (too much anyway, for our taste) to half teaspoon of the dried one.
We ate it with these potato roses
that I will show you on tomorrow’s post. Beatiful and tasty. A perfect match ;-).
- 700 g ground meat (I used 500 g beef and 200 g pork)
- 2 slices of whole bread
- ⅓ cup low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¾ tsp salt
- freshly grounded pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 boiled eggs for filling
- Preheat your oven 180°C/350°F.
- Cover a 9 x 5″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a capacious bowl, put the crumbed bread (I put 2 slices in my kitchen processor and pulsed until reduced in crumbs) and milk. Let it for a while.
- Add all other ingredients, except the meat and boiled eggs. Mix it all wel
- Add the ground meat and mix well until well combined.
- Place half of the mixture in the baking pan and then place the eggs in the middle. Cover with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let it rest 10 minutes.
- Carefully take it out of the pan taking care as it will release a lot of liquids – it’s better if you do it over the sink.
- Cut the slices using a long serrated knife.
- Serve with a salad or potatoes.
- Buon appetito!