This onion tart is extremely easy to prepare and it is…useful! Yes, because you can prepare it for so many occasions. Dinner, finger food during games, buffet…
You can prepare it as you see on the photos or you can also cut the puff pastry with a cookie cutter and make individual finger food portions too. It is an easy solution because it is very difficult to find someone who doesn’t like onion+gorgonzola taste ;-).
I do not always use puff pastry as a quick solution (even if it indeed is), even if I like it a lot. I like to change and try new pastries, as the delicious one, also very easy, of the radicchio strudel I prepared again yesterday.
You just have to prepare the caramelized onions (recipe here) and then spread it over the puff pastry and distribute the gorgonzola over it. Half an hour in the oven and it’s done!
I found this recipe on the delicious SimplyRecipes blog, and just simplified it a little bit more ;-).
It’s a pity I cannot send you the taste and irresistible aroma this onion tart spread while baking in the oven…
- caramelized onions ([url href=”http://www.italianchips.com/caramelized-onions/” target=”_blank” title=”Caramelized onions to die for”]click here to see recipe[/url])
- puff pastry
- 5.3 oz gorgonzola cheese
- Turn on the oven to 400°F.
- Open the puff pastry and set it on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Spread the caramelized onions over it and distribute the gorgonzola cheese over it all.
- Bake for bout 20 to 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden and crispy.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Buon appetito!