Pay attention as these apple chips can be addictive. They are such a healthy and light snack. With two apples you can have 2 oven trays. The only negative side is that you will certainly eat them quickly and they will not last.
I saw many variations of this recipe, but the one I liked most was the one from Leanne Bakes’ blog (where I had found, many years ago, the super cute idea of Santa Claus with cream). The nutmeg and cinnamon mixture makes the difference.
It is mandatory to use the mandolin to slice the apples. They have to be sliced very thinly. Because the recipe is perfect. One hour plus one hour after flipping them and your apple chips will be like the ones on the photos – yes, because other than being good they are also very beautiful, in my opinion.
How to prepare apple chips
- 2 apples
- Line two flat oven trays with parchment paper.
- Turn on the oven 220°F/100°C.
- Wash the apples carefully and, without peeling them, cut them in thin slices using a mandoline.
- Distribute the apple slices on the trays without overlapping. Add cinnamon and nutmeg
- Bake for one hour. Take the trays out of the oven and flip all apple slices. Bake for another hour.
- Let them cool on the tray. They will become crispy as they cool.
- Buon appetito!