The banana bread like Starbuck’s delicious one
Starbucks didn’t send me their banana bread recipe. I searched it in Internet after eating it in Miami airport, together with my son, last December. Maybe it was the perfet atmosphere I have when I travel with my son or my daughter, or the fact we were leaving for New York – a place that makes me feel so good – the fact is, even if we have more than one favorite banana bread recipe, the Starbucks’ one was so good that day.
So I decided to search for its recipe on the Internet and I have found about 4 recipes all alike. I don’t make any credit as they were all the same recipe, from a source that I could not discover.
All recipes have walnuts, and I added them as we like them a lot, even if the one we ate in Miami seemed more a moist dough.
Anyhow we loved this banana bread. We often repeated “wow, how good this banana bread is” while cutting a slice. It lasted for little time ;-).
How to prepare Starbucks banana bread:
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1cup sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 ripped bananas mashed very well
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix egg, sugar and oil and stir until well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well.
- Add milk, vanilla and bananas and stir until incorporated.
- Mix in walnuts and pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, or until, punching with a toothpick, it will come out clean.
- Let it cool on a rack.
- Buon appetito!