How to make buckwheat cookies
- 180 g of buckwheat flour
- 100 g 00 + flour for the work surface
- 120 g of cold butter from the fridge
- 90 g of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and add it to the dough.
- Work with your fingertips mixing the butter with the flour, creating a sandy mixture.
- Add the vanilla and egg and knead into a loaf, adding little flour.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/5 in and portion your cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer the biscuits to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Turn on the oven at 180 ° C/ 356°F.
- Bake the biscuits for 12/15 minutes, after having sprinkled them with a little brown sugar.
- Let them cool down a bit before transferring them, gently with a spatula, to a rack to cool completely.
- Buon appetito!
Recipe inspired by Tavolartegusto blog.