A cheese cream you would never say was made with cheese leftovers you have in your fridge. It is indeed a good idea, especially during quarantine, when we rarely go out for grocery shopping or have it delivered at home.
As soon as I saw the recipe on David Lebovitz’s blog, I asked my husband to prepare the cheese. We have a box in our fridge where we put all cheese, and it is inevitable not to have leftovers, small pieces that seem forgotten. Yes, this recipe is made with cheese you have at home, different cheeses for a great result. I have only adjusted the recipe a little to our taste.
The final taste will depend on the cheeses you use, but it is surely good. We tried it for first yesterday evening and again today at lunch – and it seemed even better today.
It is an ideal recipe for the quarantine period as you can vary the cheeses, using the ones you already have at home. Same for the garnishing herb. I love chives, but as I didn’t have it I used parsley, which gave a great result too.
HOW TO PREPARE THE CHEESE CREAM:
- 8 ounces cheese, cut in small portions
- 1 to 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 garlic clove
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives or parsley, minced
- Put cheese in your food processor, together with wine, garlic, pepper, and 1-ounce cream cheese.
- Turn on the food processor and process until the mixture becomes an homogeneous cream. Add cream cheese if necessary, it will depend on the hardness of the cheese you use.
- Transfer the cream to a serving dish, cover and put in the fridge to chill until firm.
- Serve with chives/parsley on crackers or bread of your choice.
- Buon appetito!