I decided to try this chicken with curry and chickpeas recipe because of my son, that loves both chicken and chickpeas. But, as often happens, we all liked it very much.
It is a recipe that is perfectly tasty and spiced, even if I didn’t use caraway nor cardamom, present in the original recipe). It is that kind of recipe that really satisfies our palate.
It is true that I cook always less meat. But, for sure, amongst the ones I cook, chicken is the one I cook most often. Probably because it is white meat, and so supposed to be healthier, but probably also because it allows such a lot of variations and matches.
If you’re traditional regarding cooking, don’t be impressed by the coconut milk present in this chicken with curry recipe. It doesn’t give any exotic flavor, but only helps to create the delicious sauce that comes with this chicken and chickpeas.
I inspired myself for this recipe reading this one at Il Mestolo Birichino blog. I said inspired because I have changed quantities and condiments.
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 leek
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 can (2 cups) of cooked chickpeas
- extra virgin olive oil
- Put the oil in a capacious pan and lightly fry the leek you have cleaned, washed and cut in thin slices.
- Add the chicken pieces, putting the peel towards the pan. Turn it upside down to color the other side too.
- Add the other ingredients and salt (a little. I didn’t add any and liked it this way. My husband added, but just a bit). Mix it all weel.
- Add the drained chickpeas. Mix it all well. As soon as it begins to fry, lower the gas and cover partially the pan.
- Cook until the chicken is well done. Very good served with white rice.
- Buon appetito!