I have already prepared this chicken with mushrooms for dinner tonight.
Comparing to the other time I prepared it, I doubled the mushroom quantity. Because it happens as for potates, when cooked with chicken – at the end they are quite better than the chicken itself.
I am giving you “free” quantities. Feel free to add more or use less mushrooms/onions. I have to tell you that I am not a mushroom lover, but in this recipe they are delicious. Remember mushrooms reduce themselves so much during cooking (they’re all water). I used a 1.1 pound package.
- chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 red onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1.1 pound peeled white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (even less) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Clean mushrooms eliminating stems and peeling their chapel.Slice them.
- Put a thread of extra virgin olive oil on a anti adherent pan and turn on the gas. As soon as it heats, add the chicken thighs and let them color on both sides.
- In the meanwhile clean and slice onions.
- With a tong take the chicken out of the pan and let them rest in a plate.
- Put onion inside the pan and let it cook, becoming soft and lightly colored. Add mushrooms. Mix with onions and let them cook a few minutes.
- Transfer chicken back to the pan together with onion and mushrooms. Add white wine and let cook until it evaporates.
- Add salt to taste and 1/4 cup chicken broth. Reduce gas and add a lid to the pan. Cook in low gas until chicken is done, adding more broth if necessary.
- Serve warm.
- Buon appetito!