Another chicken with vegetables recipe? Yes, but this one has an uncommon ingredient that makes all the difference. I really love this recipe. It is so tasty and inviting.
You just need some attention to cooking time, as this dish passes from the perfect cooked point to burnt in a second – as happened to me a couple of times.
I found this recipe on the Italian blog Mastercheffa and, as always, have personalized it a little.
Ingredients (for 3):
- 6 chicken thighs (upper part)
- 1 onion
- 1 or 3 fennels
- 2 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- powdered ginger
- extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Tbsp soy sauce
- About 1 1/2, 2 hours before eating time, put into a big bowl the chicken, the eggplant you peeled and cut in big cubes, the zucchini you cleaned the extremities and cut in round slices, the cleaned and sliced onion and fennels cut in wedges.
- Dress it all with little salt, ginger (about a Tbsp), a thread of extra virgin olive oil and soy sauce. Mix it all well, cover with plastic wrap and put into the fridge for 1 hour or less.
- Turn on the oven 374F.
- Take a big oven tray and cover it with parchment paper. Put the chicken pieces and cook them for about 20 min before adding the vegetables.
- After 25 minutes add the vegetables and the marinade and cook, stirring a couple of times, until chicken and vegetables are well cooked.
- Buon appetito!