This coconut granola had been on my to-do list for a while. Finally I decided to prepare it and it was promoted with high votes.
I made it last week when our children were at home and I could have also their opinions (I always ask them: according to you, this recipe deserves to be published?). I admit that when I ask I am already convinced it deserves – otherwise I don’t even ask them ;-).
I found this recipe in one of my favorite blogs, Alexandra Cooks, and I have slightly modified it. I used quinoa instead of millet as I didn’t have it at home and used honey instead of maple syrup (for the same reason above).
I am not choosing among this and the other granola that I continue to be fond of. They are different – as I could say that one day I feel like eating whole wheat bread and the other day simple white bread. This coconut granola has an advantage: it is simpler to prepare, as you just have to mix the ingredients and the oven do the rest, with no need to mix it during baking.
- 100 g / 17″ cup quinoa (not cooked)
- 200 g / 2 cups oat flakes
- 50 g / 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 120 g / 1 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g / 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (if solid, warm it just to melt it)
- Turn on the oven 300°F / 150°C.
- In a capient bowl mix all dry ingredients and then add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix it all until well combined.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and distribute the mixture over it.
- Bake for 30/40 min or until borders are golden. Do not stir during baking.
- Let it cool completely before storing into a storage container. It is supposed to last for days, but here it was finished the 3rd day…
- Buon appetito!