These crepes with egg and ham can be breakfast if you’re American or English, or dinner as for me. It is both ways good… and beautiful.
It is true that during the quarantine we are all cooking more than before. For this reason, I am always searching new recipes. I like crepes since ever. There was a time when we used to cook them very often, with ham and cheese, leaving some for dessert filled with Nutella.
I found this recipe on @dianemorrisey Instagram profile and I have only halved portions as we were in two for dinner. The funny thing is that I decided to cut the recipe by half after having measured (and salted!) milk. But I was distracted and so I just put the extra milk int the fridge for my breakfast the day after. After preparing my coffee with milk I tasted it and it tasted… strange. Well, I had to redo it as it was salted, even if I took a while to understand it.
How to prepare crepes with egg and ham
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp melted butter1
- 2 eggs
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of ham
- Put flour, sugar, salt, milk and melted butter ito your blender and turn it on until the mixture is well combined.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 min.
- Heat a non adherent flat pan and brush it with olive oil using a kitchen brush.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into the pan and move it to distribute the mixture over the pan. Let it cook for a couple of minutes, until it turns lightly colored. Flip and cook a couple of minutes the other side too.
- Turn on the oven 350°F.
- Cover a large oven pan with parchment paper and set the four crepes aside.
- Add the ham slices to the crepes and gently crack each egg letting it seat in the middle of the crepe. Add salt and pepper.
- Fold edges toward center – if you need, as me, use some toothpicks to keep the folds on the right position.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes until egg white is set. Sprinkle with fresh minced parsley and serve.
- Buon appetito!