These crispy leaf potatoes are a simple side that will surely please your guests’ view, other than the palate. They are simple roasted potatoes that can be served with different meat or fish dishes and are also beautiful to be seen at the table.
I cook potatoes very often, and I am always looking for different recipes to vary our meals. I have not yet found a good recipe for Hasselback potatoes because I do not have them perfectly cooked. This crispy leaf potatoes recipe instead, have them perfectly cooked with ease.
It is mandatory to have a mandoline to slice the potatoes very thinly. Otherwise, they may not cook well.
Unfortunately, in my area, I do not find different types of potatoes and I can’t tell you the perfect quality should be used here. The original recipe, from Donna Hay, says we should cut the potatoes creating a rectangle to be then sliced with a mandoline. I did not cut them that squared, but the effect was beautiful the same. I did also changed duck fat to our more healthy and Mediterranean extra virgin olive oil.
- big potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- aromatic herbs
- Turn on the oven 356°F / 180°C.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, giving them a rectangular shape.
- Slice them with mandoline.
- Put the potato slices into a bowl and dress them with oil, salt, and pepper. Mix them carefully trying to spread dressing all over the slices.
- Grease an oven serving dish that can contain all potato slices and place them one close to another vertically.
- Bake for about 1h 15 min, until potatoes are golden and done.
- Using a mortar or mini primer, grind salt flakes and aromatic herbs and sprinkle over the potato sheets and serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!