I saw these crispy smashed potatoes many times on Internet. I’ve been postponing them as I was not sure what recipe I should prepare – at the end I invented it by myself.
I had seen these crispy smashed potatoes on a Bon Apetit video, and they were very inviting. But the recipe was a little bit far from our taste, with too much garlic and strong dressings that we are not used to.
That’s how I came up with this familiar version a little bit more Mediterranean and surely lighter version.
- 8 small potatoes
- dried garlic
- dried onions
- dried herbs
- grated Parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the potatoes well keeping the peel.
- Put them in a pan and cover with water. Add salt to the water.
- Turn on the gas and cook them until done, but still entire.
- Take them out of the pan and let them cool a while.
- Turn on the oven 200/220°C-392/428°F.
- Cover an oven pan with parchment paper and distribute the potatoes on it leaving some distance between them.
- Using the flat bottom of a glass (do not use the potato masher as the result won’t be the same) smash carefully each potato opening them but leaving them still entire.
- Dress them to taste with salt, pepper, dried garlic and onion, herbs, grated cheese, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake them until cheese melts and colors.
- Buon appetito!