I prepared this fennel and orange salad just by curiosity, I admit. For many years I did not eat fennel. Then, a couple of years ago, I discovered gratinated fennel and love it, as long as well done and very well colored.
The idea of matching fennel and orange pleased me as I do love the shrimp and orange salad. And it please me. Consodering I never eat fennel, I have repeated my portion.
This fennel and orange salad is a wonderful idea for a dinner or even holiday dinner. It is beautiful to see and can (and should) be prepared in advance.
- 2 medium fennels
- 1 orange
- black olives (pitted)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and clean fennels.
- Slice them thinly using a mandoline.
- Peel orange this way and put it together with sliced fennel into a capacious bowl. Add pitted olives.
- Dress with salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Salate e condite a piacere.
- Put it on a serving plate and serve.
- Buon appetito!