Garlic bread is quite always good. The taste of garlic adds that irresistible flavor and taste that I just cannot resist.
But there are some garlic bread recipes that are better than others… This one is the one I actually prefer. It isn’t full of fat (obviously a lot of butter makes anything tasty, but it has a price) but it is full of flavor.
This garlic bread is easily baken in the oven. Its spread is made with butter, herbs and cheese, plus garlic, of course. You just have to prepare the dough and, a little bit before putting them into the oven, spread the garlic bread seasoning on each stick (I make them as long sticks but you can choose the shape you prefer, of course).
I found this delicious recipe on this blog.
- 7 g /.25oz baker’s yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1½ cups of warm water
- ½ tsp of salt
- 3 cups bread flour (0 or Manitoba flour as called in Italy)
- 2 Tbsp of softened butter
- olive oil (cooking spray)
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tsp of dried oregano
- 1 Tsp of garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp of fresh basil
- ½ mozzarella (50 g/1.8oz)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix sugar, yeast and warm water in a bowl. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Put the salt and flour into the standing mixer bowl, turn it on and add the yeast mixture.
- Add the melted butter.
- Let the mixer knead it for 10 minutes.
- (It is a very sticky dough).
- Grease a bowl with olive oil spray and transfer the dough there. Cover with plastic wrap and let it double in volume (depending the weather it can takes from 1 hour to 3).
- When it has doubled in size, transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide it in 12 equal parts.
- Take each piece and make it about 12 inches/30cm long, fold it in half and twist it on itself.
- Cover them with a kitchen cloth and allow them to rise for 30 minutes more.
- Turn on the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Prepare the seasoning melting the butter in a little pan, then adding all the ingredients except the mozzarella. Cut the mozzarella in thin small pieces.
- Spread the seasoning over the breadsticks and then divide the mozzarella between them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until they become light brown.
- Buon appetito!