I have always dreamed to prepare gingerbread cookies. I don’t know why, but something always turned my attention elsewhere and, soon Christmas was gone and I had not prepared them.
This year I have finally prepared them. Thanks to my friend Emanuela who proposed me to prepare them together (otherwise I’d probably skip this year too ). So she proposed me a recipe she found on the Internet (on Agrodolce Italian site) and…here they are!
What to say? I just really LOVE them! They are delicious. They are perfectly spicy (at least to my taste). I am trying to eat only a few to have them for Christmas when my children are going to be home so as my sister that will come to Brazil to stay with us this year.
These gingerbread cookies are so funny to prepare. Thse recipes that carries joy. We had a great time preparing it, cutting the small men with our cookie cutters and after…decorating them! I really believe these gingerbread cookies are going to be a must at Chritmas time here at home.
- 1 egg
- 120 g butter
- 110 g brown sugar
- 200 g honey
- 430 g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp powdered clove
- ½ tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Sift flour and add cinnamon, clove, ginger, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- In another bowl using electric beater cream soft butter with brown sugar until it becomes light and creamy.
- Add the egg and when it well combined, turn the beater to the slowest speed and add the honey slowly.
- Add the flour a bit at a time, mixing well with a spatula or a wood spoon. Continue on a floured surface.
- When well combined, put it on a large piece of plastic wrap creating a rectangle. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes or more.
- Take it out of the fridge and divide it in three equal parts.
- Roll each one out on a floured surface or a floured sheet of parchment paper to a 1.5in thickness.
- Cut the cookies using a cookie cutter and transfer the cookies to a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes at 340°F.
- Let them cool on a rack and decorate them following your taste.
- Buon appetito and Merry Christmas!