I prepared this green salad for me yesterday. I loved it and I am already planning when I am going to eat it again ;-).
It is basically a green salad with bacon, poached egg and a mustard dressing. The tastes match perfectly and if you eat it with some bread, it becomes a complete meal, plenty of carbohydrates, proteins and minerals.
I saw it on Saveur and saved it. Usually I plan to prepare 5 to 6 recipes, but when I am in the kitchen I realize I am going to be able to do only 3 or 4… and then I choose and often I decide to prepare what seemed the less desired dish. This green salad wasn’t among the priorities, but during the final choice, it won its place and, gained my preference ;-).
I used the green salad I had at home and just cooked the bacon in the microoven with absorbent paper. Regarding the dressing, I did what I like most to emulsionate: put all the ingredients into a marmelade jar (empty ;-)), close and shake it vigorously, easier is impossible – and the emulsion comes out perfectly.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- freshly grounded pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- green salad
- ½ Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Put 3 to 4 sheets of absorbent paper on a small plate, put the bacon stripes, add more paper above and press a bit.
- Microwave it until crispy.
- Divide the green leaves between two plates.
- Divide the bacon among the plates.
- Put the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and mustard into a marmelade jar, close it and shake vigorously. Distribute the dressing over the greens.
- Put abundant water to boil and add the vinegar.
- Open each egg on a ramekin and, when the water is boiling, let the egg slip carefully into the water.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes and then carefully take it out with a slotted sppon and add to one plate. repeat with the other egg.
- Buon appetito!