Have you ever thought about preparing a mushroom and avocado canapé? I didn’t.
Who knows why we often think about matching vocado with salmon or dressing it as guacamole. The idea to pair mushrooms with avocado, sincerely, never crossed my mind before.
I saw a photo somewhere on the Internet. Unfortunately I didn’t save it – but the idea remained in my mind so that I decided to invent the recipe to realize it.
Prepare these mushrooms and avocado canapé is very easy. The longest part is to peel the mushroom chapel – but if you don’t peel it, it is even quicker.
- whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 pound champignon mushrooms (or similar)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Peel the mushrooms, eliminate the stem and slice them.
- In a deep pan, add oil and turn on medium gas.
- Add thinly sliced onion and minced garlic.
- Cook until onion softens and then add mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are cooked.
- Cut bread in slices of 1/2 in. and toast them.
- Smash avocado with a fork and add salt and pepper.
- Right before serving, spread some smashed avocado on each slice of bread and add some mushrooms on top with some freshly grated pepper.
- Buon appetito!