These mushroom canapé are super easy and quick to prepare. It can be a last minute solution and I assure you it pleases even people that are not so fond of mushrooms – like me!
I found them on the wonderful blog Alexandra’s Kitchen, and I prepared them more times.
You need only 3 ingredients: bread, mushrooms and a good quality extra virgin olive oil. You will need a griddler.
I have always been a canapé lover. Maybe it is a family thing as when we were in our teens, my father used to prepare us canapés and serve us on the pool, while we were on vacation. Many years after, my sister began her catering business with a gourmet canapé line.
How to prepare these mushroom canapé:
- bread (like ciabatta)
- white mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- Clean or peel mushrooms, eliminate stems and slice them thinly.
- Slice the bread. If the bread is small, cut it in diagonal to have larger slices.
- Distribute mushrooms slices over each bread slice, overlapping them and considering they will dimish volume during cooking time – the bread will absorb mushroom juices.
- Turn the griddler on and place the bread slices with mushrooms carefully on your griddler and dress with a thread of extra virgin olive oil. Add salt only if desired – I don’t add anything.
- Cook until mushrooms are done and lightly colored.
- Buon appetito!