This no knead pizza can be prepared by anyone. It is not only thin and tasty, but also very easy to prepare as it doesn’t knead kneading at all.
We eat pizza quite all Sundays. We use to buy it at our favorite pizzaria, but during quarantine we are preparing it at home. Last Sunday I prepared Emanuela’s pizza, and today I chose Jim Haley’s one.
It is a very easy recipe: you just need to mix the ingredients using a wood spoon and let it rest.
- 3 1/2 cups/450 g bread flour
- 1 1/3 cups water room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp/10 g active dry yeast
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 mozzarelle (0.66 lb, 300g)
- 0.11 lbs ham
- Put flour, yeast, salt and sugar inside a capacious bowl and mix. Add water and mix it until well combined.
- Cover it with a kitchen cloth and put in a quite place and let it double (about 2 hours).
- When it doubles, transfer it to a floured surface and, adding flour to your hands, form a ball and then divide the dough in two equal parts. Let them a little bit far from the other and cover them again with the kitchen cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes more.
- After this second rest, turn on the oven to 500°F/260°C.
- Take two pizza pans (13 x 18 in) and add a thread of oil.
- Take one of the dough halves and stretch it to the longest side of the pan, with the floured surface up. Using your fingers, spread the dough using all the pan. Add flour to your fingers to avoid sticking to the dough.
- At this point, add a thin layer of tomato sauce and mozzarella cut in small cubes, plus other dressings you prefer.
- Bake for 20/30 minutes or until done and…
- Buon appetito!