I saw this orecchiette with cherry tomatoes recipe and saved it on my iPhone. It was left there for some weeks.
Yesterday evening I was looking for new recipes because I feel like cooking because it relaxes me. I found this recipe and prepared it today for lunch.
So good. So beautiful. A dish that satisfies many senses.
I used fresh pasta, but obviously, you can use the dry ones. For dry pasta, the quantity should be from 0.17 to 0.22 lbs per person. For fresh pasta, you should consider more because it weighs more.
I am going through a very beautiful period of my life for many reasons, and very stressful for one reason. And cooking is really a relaxing activity for me. The idea of preparing something, find an inspiring recipe, going to the market to buy those specific ingredients… it is a process I love. And it is wonderful to be able to share I with you. Thank you for being there 😊.
Ingredients (for 2):
- 0.66 lbs fresh orecchiette pasta (or 0.44 lbs of dry pasta)
- 1.1 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh basil leaves
- 0.22 lbs mozzarella pearls (small balls)
- red pepper flakes to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- Grated Grana cheese
- Put 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a large and capacious pan (as you will add the pasta too).
- Add minced shallot and garlic and let them soften.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in halves. Add them to the pan with shallots and garlic.
- Salt and add a small bit of pepper flakes.
- Put water to boil in a capacious pan. When it boils add salt to taste.
- Pour the pasta into boiling water and keep an eye on the clock to cook it al dente.
- Quickly toast the pine nuts using a non-adherent pan and set them aside.
- When the pasta is done, take it from the water using a perforated spoon and put it into the tomato pan. Mix well and add a little water from the pasta pan if needed.
- Mix it all well and add grated cheese. Turn off the gas and add the mozzarella pearls and basil leaves cut roughly. Add pine nuts and mix it all.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and add more cheese, if desired.
- Buon appetito!