This oven-baked ratatouille is one of those recipes I prepare immediately after reading them
I love baked vegetables but had a hard time trying to prepare them in a tasty way using little oil. The solution came with this oven-baked ratatouille. Here you have the right mix of vegetables with a limited quantity of the oil that could fit a diet. The difference is probably the balsamic vinegar that adds a special and unique taste that makes you forget about adding extra oil to your plate.
And last but not least, you know a recipe is approved when your son message you asking for the ratatouille recipe and right after lunch sends his plate quite empty.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 onion + 2 shallots
- 2 zucchini
- About 1 pound mature tomatoes
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Fresh thyme
- Some basil leaves
- Turn on the oven 396°F/200°C.
- Cut the vegetables in cubes of 1 inch each and put them inside a baking tray, trying not to overlap them.
- Mix it all with oil and balsamic vinegar and bake for 30 min.
- After 30 min, take the tray out of the oven and mix gently the vegetables and put them into the oven for 30 min more.
- Buon appetito!