These oven fried garlic potatoes are fantastic. When I found this recipe on Leite’s Culinaria site, I left the page opened until today when I prepared them for lunch.
When you think you have tried quite all ways to cook potatoes… a new recipe surprises you. It is super easy to prepare and…surprise, it needs only 2 Tbsp of oil!
It is important to let you know that even if it is garlicky, it didn’t bother us regarding digestion. Nothing at all.
The mandatory tip is to cut them thin (1/5 in.) and, if you want to double the recipe, use two baking trays, as if you overlay them, the fried potatoes effect won’t be the same.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled or not
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- minced parsley
- Fleur di Sel (optional)
- Turn on the oven 450°F/ 230°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mince garlic and warm it together with oil in a small pan. Warm for some minutes, until garlic becomes lightly colored.
- Wash the potatoes if you keep the peel or peel them. Cut them in thin sticks (1/5 in).
- Put potatoes sticks into a bowl and filter the oil (keeping the garlic aside) in it and add salt.
- Using your hands mix it all well.
- Spread the potato sticks on the baking tray.
- Bake for half an hour, indicatively. Flip them once, using a rigid spatula.
- When ready, transfer them, always using a rigid spatula, to the serving plate, add Fleur de Sel (or common salt), the garlic you set apart and minced parsley.
- Buon appetito!