I tried a passatelli recipe years ago and I loved it. I tried to replicate them at home but, even if it tasted good, the dough was too hard to work. Imagine my husband broke a potato smasher trying to make them.
Years passed by and I did not try them again. I don’t know why they came back to my mind thinking about a Christmas Eve dinner, when I had my family at home. They were expected at dinner time, straight from the airport, and I was looking for a tasty, rich but also light dish.
I began to search for a recipe and I was lucky to find Bruno Barbieri’s one. Delicious, easy to prepare, right consistency and…can be prepared in advance and frozen!
I was lucky also to have fresh bio lemons at home and the aroma passatelli spread are irresistible!
Thanks Bruno Barbieri, your passatelli are …perfect!
Ingredients (4 people):
- 2 eggs
- 1 yol
- 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 0.16 lbs bread crumbs
- 0.44 lbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pass all the dough, a bit at a time, through a potato smasher (the one with large holes), making passatelli fall on a tray covered with parchment paper.
- Put in fridge until cooking or in freezer.
- Just before eating, pour them into boiling broth and cook for a few minutes until they come to surface. Serve immediatelly!
- Buon appetito!