Pumpkin and feta cheese, my craze this fall. With the usual seasonal cauliflower and broccoli on hold, I’m delighting our palate with this new, unusual yet delicious pairing.
The pumpkin sweet taste goes perfectly with the acidity of the feta cheese, and I assure you that you will not regret trying this recipe. I found it on Tavolartegusto blog and the only note would be to be careful about the type of pumpkin used.
I’m not an expert, but I know I don’t like the very orange one, more popular let’s say, because it’s easier to find in any supermarket. When baked it gets very mushy and we don’t like it. Those with hard skin are the best.
This recipe is extremely easy, and is ready in just over half an hour, if we don’t count the time to cut and peel the pumpkin 😉
- 17.6 oz of pumpkin already cleaned and cut into 1/2 in slices
- 3.5 oz of feta cheese
- a sprig of rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200 ° C and line an oven flat pan with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into slices of about 1/2 in and place them on the oven pan.
- Salt, pepper, spread over the rosemary and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges of the pumpkin slices are lightly browned and, pricking with a fork, pumpkin is done.
- Crumble feta using your fingers.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread the crumbled feta over the pumpkin slices. Bake again for about ten minutes and then serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!