This raspberry banana bread is one of those recipes that as soon as I see them, I go out to buy the ingredients. In this case, I went to the market to buy raspberries. I was very curious about the raspberry, banana and chocolate mix.
Well, it didn’t disappoint us. I cannot tell you how much this raspberry banana bread can last, because it lasted less than 48 hours at home (and it is not that small).
I found the recipe on BakerbyNature.com blog and changed a couple of tings ;-).
- 1 1/2 cup /180 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup /70 g brown sugar
- 1/4 cup /50 g coconut oil
- 1/4 cup /70 g Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup / 250 g lamponi
- 1/2 cup /40 g dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Turn on the oven 350°F / 180°C.
- Line a plumcake mold with parchment paper or use a silicone one.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix coconut oil, yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
- Peel bananas and smash them with a fork. Add them to the liquid ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until well combined.
- Add raspberries and chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 1 hour – or until inserting a toothpick, it comes out clean.
- Let it rest 15 minutes before removing it from the pan to a rack to cool completely.
- Buon appetito!