With this red berries soufflé it was love at first sight. I don’t know what caught me first, if red berries or the easiness of this recipe.
Yesterday I prepared it again for after dinner and today at lunch we finished the little leftover. This red berries soufflé is one of those treats that makes you go once in a while in the kitchen and eat a spoon of it ;-).
I have found this delicious recipe on blog Verygoodcook.com and I have prepared it with sugar as the original recipe, but also with honey, both delicious (even if my favorite is with honey).
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbsp honey or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups of red berries
- butter to grease the baking dish
- icing sugar (optional)
- Turn on the oven 375°F/ 190°C.
- Beat the eggs, add honey or sugar, lemon zest and then ricotta.
- Grease a 9 in. baking dish.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 15 min.
- In the meanwhile wash the red fruits and carefully dry them with a paper towel.
- After 15 min, take the baking dish out of the oven and evenly scatter the red berries over the soufflé. Put it back into the oven and bake 20 minutes more.
- When done, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Add some icing sugar before serving just for beauty.
- Buon appetito!