I hadn’t yet tried a roasted cauliflower recipe. After so many variations in cooking this healthy vegetable, this recipe takes it back to its most simple and original way to cook it.
I admit that since some years ago I didn’t like cauliflower that much. I used to cook it mostly for my husband, but I didn’t eat it often. But since I began to cook it in different ways it became a certain item in our market’s list during the autumn-winter time. (try comforting cauliflower gratin and cauliflower steaks)
I found this recipe in AlexandraCooks’ fantastic blog and prepared it immediately, moved by my, sometimes, uncontrollable curiosity.
I changed the recipe a bit as I do not have here some spices, but I assure you we liked it a lot the same.
The yogurt dressing is optional, in my opinion, depending on what you’re serving with your cauliflower.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the yogurt sauce:
- Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and clean cauliflower, eliminating leaves.
- Put it into a capacious pan with salted water and boil it until tender (test with a fork – it has to be tender but not fall apart).
- Turn on the oven 446°F.
- When cauliflower is done transfer it to an oven pan covered with parchment paper.
- Pour 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil on your hands and rub all cauliflower to distribute the oil equally.
- Repeat the process with 1 tsp of salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes or until browned at the edges.
- In the meantime prepare the yogurt sauce mixing yogurt, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- When cauliflower is done, take it out of the oven and add another Tbsp of oil (or better, if you have a spray, use it).
- Make a layer of yogurt sauce on the serving plate and put cauliflower in the center of it.
- Serve warm and…
- Buon appetito!