I called this roasted chicken the Greek way because of its ingredients. It is a Martha Stewart’s recipe – which means it is a guaranteed recipe ;-).
I changed a little Martha’s quantities, as I like so much to find pieces of shallots and olives – and I doubled her recipe for these ingredients.
This roasted chicken the Greek way is a super simple recipe that will certainly please your family and they will surely ask you to prepare it again.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 cut pitted Greek olives
- 12 medium shallots, peeled and halved lenghtwise
- fresh mint leaves
- feta (5.3 to 7 oz)
- Turn on the oven 375°F.
- Cover a flat oven pan with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl mix chicken with oil, tomatoes, shallots and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix all.
- Transfer all to the oven pan and cook for about 35-40 min, until chicken is done.
- If vegetables still need cooking, take the chicken out of the oven, and let the vegetables cook for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and all ingredients to a serving plate, add scrumbled feta and fresh mint and serve.
- Buon appetito!