Had you ever thought about oven roasted savoy cabbage? I hadn’t. Until I saw this recipe that caught my (strong) curiosity.
I like savoy cabbage very much, but I had only cooked it into soups, or with meat sauce. Never thought about roasting it. But when I saw this recipe on SmittenKitchen, I understood it couldn’t be bad and I decided to give it a try. And I cooked it twice in a week, so much we liked it.
This roasted savoy cabbage is a tasty and quick side dish. It is really difficult it won’t please all, and it is pretty sure there will be no leftovers.
- 1 medium savoy cabbage
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 garlic clove (or dried garlic)
- 1 lemon
- Parmesan grated cheese
- Turn on the oven 428°F.
- Clean tha savoy cabbage eliminating outer damaged leaves and cut it in 8 wedges.
- Line a baking sheeet with parchment paper and spread some extra virgin olive oil on it.
- Arrange savoy cabbage wedges without overlapping them. Add a thread of oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in pre heated oven for about 8/10 min, until charred underneath.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip wedges and bake for 5/7 minutes more.
- Meanwhile put the walnut halves into a small pan and put into the oven for 4/5 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and, while still hot, roughly chop them and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Add zest of half lemon, garlic and 2/3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add salt to taste and mix.
- When cabbage is ready, add juice of half lemon to wanuts mixture and distribute over the cabbage wedges. Add grated cheese and serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!