I prepared this strawberry cake recipe 4 times in 4 days. I really fell in love with it. It is delicious, addictive and…super easy to prepare!
If you’re not yet convinced, here you have two more reasons to prepare it: It doesn’t contain sugar or any fat.
I found the recipe in the blog Mon Petit Bistrot. Since then I’ve prepare it for us and to present friends.
The first time I prepared it I liked its aspect so much that I decided to photograph it even before trying it. While shooting the photos, my husband came back from work and ate the first slice you see on the photo :-). Yes, we loved it and the photos are the ones you see in this post.
You need a cake pan with removable sides as this cake is soft, quite creamy.
Cooking time: 00:40
- 350gr of ricotta cheese
- 70 gr of honey
- 50 gr of flour (or cornstarch)
- 4 eggs
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- vanilla beans (half)
- 5 strawberries
- 15 gr of butter+15 gr of sugar for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease a 18cm/7in pan and sprinkle with sugar.
- Sepate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and reserve.
- Beat the ricotta with the honey, add the yolks, the lemon zest, the vanilla beans and the flour and mi until well combined.
- Carefully mix the egg whites, moving from bottom to top.
- Pour the mixture into the greased and sugared pan.
- Cut the strawberries in slices and place them on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.