This whole wheat oat bread is a Gordon Ramsay’s recipe. A guaranteed recipe.
I’ve prepared it more times and this week it is my breakfast bread, toasted with butter.
I like it because I prefer whole wheat bread and I am always looking for different recipes. This one is with oat and with no yeast, a soda bread. It is a simple recipe that can be done by anyone.
- 0.27 lb / 125 g oat (plus some more to sprinkle over the bread)
- 0.60 lb / 275 g boiling water
- 13 1/2 Tbsp / 200 ml buttermilk
- 10 Tbsp / 150 ml slim milk
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 0.88 lb / 400 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Turn on the oven 392°F / 200°C.
- Cover a baking pan (about 9 in long) with parchment paper.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper and distribute oat over it. Bake for about 30 min, or until oat becomes golden/nutty colored.
- Transfer oat to a bowl and cover immediately with boiling water. Let it cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 356°F / 180°C.
- Mix milk and buttermilk with oat until well combined. Add baking soda, flour and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and spread the buttermilk over the bread and sprinkle oat over it.
- Put it back into the oven and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Let it cool in the mold.
- Buon appetito!