I love this zucchini and eggs baskets recipe. It is tasty, beautiful, easy to prepare and… light.
I admit I wasn’t that confident when I first tried it, and it completely amazed me. Such a simple mix of simple ingredients can give such a cute and tasty result.
I found this recipe in a Brazilian Instagram profile called CozinhaFitFat, what I immediately supposed was related with healthy and fit eating. I was not that confident because, often, the light recipes lack of taste. We know that fat adds taste. I keep trying to find good recipes that, for me, are the real good ones, those that are tasty with little fat. As it is so good, since I have found it I have prepared it many times.
Here in Italy I can’t find sliced smoked turkey breast, so I use the regular one. I believe it can be even better with the smoked one.
- 6 slices of turkey breast
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 4 to 5 eggs
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced cheese (gruyere or the one you prefer)
- Turn on the oven to 400°F.
- Wash, clean and cut the zucchini in small cubes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs adding salt, pepper and oregano. Add the cheese you have cut in thin cubes and mix it all well.
- Grease a 6 muffin tin with cooking spray or butter.
- Line each cavity with a slice of turkey – it is going to be the basket.
- Divide the zucchini amongst the six baskets and pour the eggs mixture over it, dividing it amongst the six baskets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until fluffy and golden.
- Buon appetito!