As soon as I saw this salted zucchini cake I knew I’d be preparing it in little time. And so I did.
I love recipes with zucchini (if you have read some other recipes here, you may have already noticed it ;-D), better if easy to prepare and risk-free.
I called it zucchini cake because its shape, cut in squares, reminds me of the cakes my grandmother prepared. Different flavors, same shape.
I found this recipe on an Italian blog I like so much, Arabafeliceincucina, from where I have already prepared a lot of good and risk-free recipes, such as the 15 min coconut truffle or the wonderful flour and butter-free banana pancakes.
This salted zucchini cake is pretty easy to prepare. You just have to mix the ingredients and bake it. No worries, no difficulties.
Since now I have eaten it as it is, at room temperature. I believe it may be good also if you warm it or…cold from the fridge. It is a super idea for a picnic, for a lunch to go and for a buffet.
- 5 eggs
- 120 g of flour
- 110 g of oil
- 1½ Tsp of baking powder for salted cakes
- 120 g of cheese (I used Swiss cheese)
- half onion
- 3 big zucchini
- 1 carrot
- Turn on the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Grate zucchini and carrot.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, oil, flour, and yeast. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the grated zucchini, grated carrot, the minced onion and the cheese you want to use, thinly cut or grated.
- Mix it all and add salt and pepper to taste (it may vary depending on the cheese you choose).
- Pour into the baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until it becomes brown golden on the surface.
- Let it cool before cutting it in squares.
- You can keep it in the fridge, covering with aluminum.
- Buon appetito!