I prepare this zucchini pie when I have friends for dinner and want to have dishes that can be prepared in advance. This zucchini pie pleases all. The puff pastry together with the grilled zucchini, ham and cheese make a tasty match that pleases all tastes.
It is good even if you just enroll the ingredients with the puff pastry, but it can look even better if you make this kind of twist with the pastry,giving a special look for the pie.
I use to serve it at room temperature, but it is also very good warmed before serving.
You can serve it during a buffet dinner, or also for your family dinner, adding just some green salad.
- 1 rectangular puff pastry package
- 7 oz/200 g of ham
- 7 oz/200 g of groviera cheese thinly sliced (or your favorite cheese)
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- sesame seeds
- Turn on the oven to 200°C/392°F.
- Wash the zucchini, eliminate the extremities and cut them in thin slices in a longitudinal way.
- Grill them on a non-adherent pan.
- Open the puff pastry and make some diagonal cuts on the sides (see photo above).
- Place a layer of grilled zucchini on the center.
- Add a layer of ham and another of cheese and repeat.
- Take one stripe at a time and turn towards the center as you see on the photo.
- When you finish, brush it all with a lightly beaten egg and spread some sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 45/45 minutes or until golden brown.